Kamalnayan Bajaj Hospital boasts an orthopaedic department that comprehensively covers all subspecialties of orthopaedic surgery, which includes:
- Knee and Shoulder Arthroscopy for treating sports injuries.
- Full-fledged arthroscopy setup for performing ACL/PCL/Rotator cuff surgeries.
- Comprehensive Polytrauma & Fracture management.
- Deformity correction.
- Orthopedic Oncology
Dr. Ketan Vekhande is one of the best-known surgeons for Shoulder and Knee Arthroscopy in Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar (Aurangabad). He specializes in arthroscopic knee and shoulder joint surgery and is renowned for his expertise in performing Knee Arthroscopic procedures, such as ACL and PCL reconstruction (ligament injuries), Meniscus Surgeries, Cartilage Surgeries and the treatment of Knee Arthritis.
Arthroscopy is a relatively new addition to the world of surgical procedures. It is a surgical technique that employs orthopaedic surgeons to visualize and address abnormalities within a joint.
During arthroscopic surgery, an orthopaedic surgeon makes a small incision in the patient’s skin and inserts pencil-sized equipment with a small lens and lighting system to magnify and illuminate the structures inside the joint. Light is transmitted to the end of the arthroscope, which is inserted into the joint through fiber optics.
The surgeon can observe the interior of the joint through this extremely small incision rather than the larger incision required for open surgery, as the arthroscope is attached to a miniature camera.
The benefits of arthroscopic surgeries include:
- A smaller incision area
- Minimal damage to healthy areas of the joint
- Shorter recovery times
- Reduced scarring
Although arthroscopy is an option for both athletes and non-athletic individuals, these benefits can be crucial for those who need to return to sports or work as quickly as possible.
Dr. Ketan Vekhande is an expert in arthroscopic surgery, with more than 10 years of experience in the field.
Thousands of patients with complex orthopaedic issues have been treated by him.
- He has performed more than 2000 surgeries inclusive of his expertise in trauma surgery, arthroscopic surgery & minimal invasive fracture/trauma surgeries.
- In Kamalnayan bajaj Hospital about 10 to 15 Arthroscopies are performed per month for Knee and Shoulder.
Sports Injuries of the Knee Treated with Arthroscopy
- Tears of the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL)
- Tears of the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL)
- Injuries to the collateral ligaments
- Knee dislocation
Sports Injuries of the Shoulder Treated with Arthroscopy – Rotator cuff tears
- Shoulder impingement syndrome, otherwise known as swimmer’s shoulder or thrower’s shoulder
- Repeated dislocations
It is armed with the latest medical armamentarium to deliver state-of-the-art bone and joint care, provided by highly qualified and trained Orthopaedic professionals.
- Operation Theatres are dedicated exclusively to orthopaedic surgery, equipped with a European-grade Laminar Air Flow system that ensures absolute sterility—a prerequisite for performing orthopaedic and arthroscopic surgeries.
- Full-fledged arthroscopy setup for performing ACL, PCL and Rotator Cuff surgeries.
- Advance 3chip storz camera system.
- Latest conmed edge shaver system
- Highly advanced Radiofrequency ablation system from conmed
- Maxer 4 mm Arthroscop